We made it! Happy 2021 everyone, we have officially survived one of the craziest years ever. Today I’m sharing my favorite purchases of 2020 as well as yall’s favorite finds that I’ve shared. I broke it down between fashion and beauty/skincare and then included a few favorite memories of 2020 at the end. Even though 2020 was a crazy year, there were still some positives and I wanted to share here to remember all the good amidst the rough.
- Faux leather leggings (Spanx dupe) : Even though I got these towards the end of the year, I had to include them because I have already worn them countless times! They are so comfy, match with everything and look identical to the popular Spanx leggings that are $100, but these are on sale for only $32. (size small regular)
- Distressed mom jeans: These jeans were a major hit with you guys this year for good reason. They are the perfect distressed mom jean that can be dressed up or down. Sadly they have been out of stock, but this new pair was recently released that looks almost identical. (size 25 regular)
- Taupe knee high boots: This is another item I wish I had bought sooner. They are incredibly comfy and I love the neutral color, which matches with so many outfits. On sale for only $19.99 and runs true to size. They are already selling out already, so here is another similar pair.
- Denim jacket: This is a closet essential in my opinion as denim jackets never go out of style and can be worn with so many outfits to make them more casual. You can throw it over a fancy dress or tie it around your waist to add some shape. I particularly love this jacket as it’s not too rigid and has a decent amount of stretch it in, which makes it super comfy. (size small)
- Comfiest leggings: I cannot tell you how many times I have worn these since getting them in early 2020. They are hands down my most worn pair of anything in my closet for this year and I don’t think that will change anytime. (size 4) I know they have a steep price, so I also wanted to share this affordable dupe that is extremely similar and is only $26 (has over 1 thousand five star reviews!). I did a side by side detailed comparison of the leggings over on instagram stories. (size small)
- Black flare jeans: I have probably talked your ears off about flare jeans, but if you are hesitant to get a pair, do yourself a favor and get one! They truly work wonders at creating the illusion of length, not to mention they are comfy and great quality. Plus, currently on sale + extra 40% off. (size small)
- Mint dress: I have no idea why, but this dress is only $10 right now! It’s the perfect flowy dress that looks flattering on everyone and it was one of y’alls favorites of the year too. It also comes in a pretty light pink, which I think would be perfect for Valentine’s Day! (size small).
- Cat eye sunglasses: These are pretty much the only pair of sunglasses that I have worn since purchasing them! They are so flattering on every face shape and have held up so well, considering their $13 price tag.
Beauty & Skincare
- Flyaway tamer: I’m not exaggerating when I say this little product has been a game changer for my hair. If you have stubborn flyaway hairs like me, this tamer will make them look nonexistent! Tip: don’t use too much product as this can cause it to become crunchy; just a few swipes will last you all day! It has over 12.5 thousand five star reviews and is only $7.
- Living proof dry shampoo: This dry shampoo is by far the best one I have ever tried (which is a lot!). It actually cleans your hair, absorbs excess oils and adds crazy volume so you still get that fresh hair look when you’re actually on day 5 of no washing. This bundle of two bottles is a good value deal!
- Fenty matte lipstick in Thicc This is my #1 most worn lipstick of the year and the matte finish is the best! It’s the perfect muave color, is incredibly creamy and long- lasting. Plus, it’s on sale for only $9.
- Laneige eye sleeping mask: If you have tried and love any other Laneige water bank products, you will love this! It’s made to hydrate, cool and depuff those undereye circles and it truly feels like a dream. I stash mine in a mini skincare fridge and the cooling feeling is amazing.
Life – a few highlights
- Traveled to Las Vegas at the very beginning of the year and it was so much fun! Got to see the Hoover dam, eat endless food at delicious buffets, explore the hotels along the Strip and saw the Blue Man group.
- I graduated! I will forever cherish my time in Austin, Texas at the best university – 4 years flew by in the blink of an eye.
- Went on a trip to Big Bend before all the craziness of Covid hit and it was an absolute blast! I would highly recommend this destination if you’re a fan of scenic hikes and outdoor activities. The views are simply unreal.
- I passed my board exams and officially became a Registered Dietitian! Then I started my first “big girl” job shortly after!
Hope you all have an awesome 2021!
XOXO Hannah 🙂