Happy Earth Day (4/22/21)! Today is a day to spread awareness about how we can be friendlier to our environment; after all, we only have one planet! There are an abundance of ways to contribute to saving Mother Earth; however, I wanted to highlight one specific way: shopping smarter. Today I’m sharing twelve amazing, sustainable and eco-friendly brands that are doing the most to go green. Whether it be planting trees, using recycled materials for their products or decreasing plastic and electricity usage, all these stores are being proactive in their mission to promote sustainability. Plus, almost all these brands have now released tons of cute and comfy activewear or loungewear that is perfect for staying at home. If you’re on the market for any new clothing, definitely consider these earth-friendly brands. There’s a good mix of brands you probably have heard of and some that may be new to you, but the one thing in common that they all have, is their commitment to protecting our home. To make it easier for you, I also listed their current sales + ways to save even more!
- Girlfriend Collective: Free shipping on all leggings which are made from water bottles, I mean how amazing is that?! These leggings come in a million colors and have over 4,000 five star reviews!
- Everlane: They have a campaign dedicated to reduce the use of plastics in fashion and are 90% of the way to their goal. This brand is known for their high quality denim pieces and staples that you can wear time and time again.
- Outdoor Voices: You can get 20% off your 1st purchase + 20% student discount if you sign up for the free OVU program. Read all about their incredible sustainability initiatives here.
- American Eagle: They have a “Real Good” collection that is “made with the planet in mind” by using sustainable materials to reduce environmental impact. Tons of comfy graphic tees and every sale will benefit the Surfrider Foundation, which is dedicated to protecting the oceans and beaches.
- Threads 4 Thought: 30% off site wide (code: EarthWeek30) + 20% off your 1st purchase by signing up for emails. Their clothing is made from recycled plastic bottles, tree bark and fishing nets.
- Madewell: They have an entire “Do Well” line with efforts to improve sustainability from their shoes to their jeans by using recycled materials. Right now, they have an extra 30% off clearance going on. Don’t forget to sign up for their emails to get free shipping on every order.
- Uniqlo: They have launched a Re:Uniqlo line where they take any old garments and recycle them into new clothing or fuel or reuse them for people in need.
- Kotn: This brand preaches 100% traceability so you know exactly where and how their products were made. They just came out with an entire cozy, loungewear collection. Get 10% off your first order when you sign up for emails.
- Able: If you love Madewell, you’ll love this brand too. Fun fact: 96% of their employees are women! Talk about female empowerment. They are consistently making efforts to improve the sustainability of their materials including denim, leather and jewelry. Everything is 25% off right now!
- Athleta: This is Gap’s activewear line and they have a new Earth Month Edit with all new styles made with sustainable materials.
- Asos: This place is definitely one of the more affordable brands and their selection is huge. They are very transparent about their sustainability efforts and have an entire page with the breakdown of everything.
- Prana: One stop shop for all things yoga and swim! Read about their endless sustainability efforts here. They have 25% off spring styles + free shipping on all orders!
Happy Earth day!
Thanks for reading!